Kristy L. FischmannOf Counsel
Ms. Fischmann's practice focuses on cases sounding in medical malpractice, workplace accident, motor vehicle, product liability, wrongful death and severe personal injury matters.
Ms. Fischmann is a graduate of Syracuse University College of Law, summa cum laude, where she was a member and Executive Editor of the Syracuse Law Review, a member of the Syracuse University College of Law Moot Court Honor Society, and was inducted into The Order of the Coif. In addition, Ms. Fischmann obtained a certificate in National Security and Counterterrorism Law, and was a teaching assistant for the New York Science and Technology Center.
Ms. Fischmann obtained her undergraduate degree from Utica College of Syracuse University, summa cum laude, where she was a three-time Empire 8 Women’s Lacrosse All-Conference selection. Ms. Fischmann was a First Team All-Conference pick and guided the Pioneers to the New York State Women’s Collegiate Athletic Association (NYSWCAA) Lacrosse Championships. Ms. Fischmann ranks second on the College’s all-time scoring list with 167 career points, and is one of two players in school-history to score more than 150 career goals. In 2014, Ms. Fischmann was inducted into the Utica College Athletic Hall of Fame.
Prior to joining Bottar Law, PLLC, Ms. Fischmann practiced law in Central New York as a medical malpractice defense attorney. She also worked as a white collar criminal defense attorney at Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom LLP, Clifford Chance US LLP, and Barclay Damon, LLP (formerly Hiscock & Barclay LLP). Ms. Fischmann also served as a law clerk in the United States Attorney's Office for the Northern District of New York, as a law clerk in the Onondaga County District Attorney's Office, as a summer law clerk for the Hon. George H. Lowe, and as a stagiaire for Interpol in Lyon, France.
In 2017, Ms. Fischmann was elected to serve a three-year, unpaid term on the Central Square Central School District Board of Education. For more than seven years, Ms. Fischmann was an adjunct lecturer at Utica College of Syracuse University, teaching undergraduate courses on criminal fraud, corporate criminal liability, and economic crime. She has published and lectured on various legal topics.
Ms. Fischmann was born and raised in Central New York, and presently resides in West Monroe with her children.
- Utica College of Syracuse University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2003)
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2007)
- New York, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Adjunct Lecturer, Utica College of Syracuse University (2008-2015)
- ECM 622: Legal Concepts of Criminal Fraud and Corporate Criminal Liability
- CRJ 343: Law of Economic Crime
- Order of the Coif
- Justinian Honorary Law Society
- Moot Court Honor Society
- Kirsten A. Lerch and Kristy L. Fischmann, 2010-2011 Survey of New York Law: Health Law, Syracuse Law Review, 62 Syr.L.Rev. 685 (2012).
- Board of Education, Central Square Central School District
- Advanced Insurance Coverage: Emerging Issues, Developments and Strategy, NYS Bar Association CLE (2014)
- Practical Skills - Civil Practice, NYS Bar Association CLE (2011)
- Member, New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Member, Central New York Women's Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Onondaga County Bar Association