Clients find Bottar Leone, PLLC, in many ways. Some families discover the Firm's attorneys by word of mouth, or learn of the Firm’s reputation, honors, or results and call us directly.
Others are introduced to the Firm through a lawyer specializing in a different area of the law. This introduction is called a "referral." A client referral is one of the greatest compliments that can be paid to any lawyer, as it signals one lawyer's trust in the skills, experience and integrity of another lawyer. Bottar Leone, PLLC, enjoys the privilege of working with hundreds of attorneys around the country who refer personal injury and medical malpractice cases to the Firm for investigation, prosecution and trial.
Our practice is dedicated to plaintiffs. If you have a client you would like to refer to us, we would be happy to speak with you to about a referral arrangement that best suits your client's needs.
Referral fees are honored and paid pursuant to New York's Code of Professional Responsibility section DR2-107(a) (22 N.Y.C.R.R. 1200.12(a)), which requires that the referring attorney either perform services or assume joint responsibility for the representation. Specifically:
- DR 2-107 Division of Fees Among Lawyers
- A. A lawyer shall not divide a fee for legal services with another lawyer who is not a partner or associate of the lawyer's law firm, unless:
- 1. The client consents to employment of the other lawyer after full disclosure that a division of fees will be made, and
- 2. The division is made in proportion to the services performed by each lawyer or, by a writing given the client, each lawyer assumes joint responsibility for the representation, and
- 3. The total fee of the lawyers does not exceed reasonable compensation for all legal services they rendered the client.
The Bottar Leone, PLLC, legal team represents the victims of negligence and malpractice throughout the State of New York, including individuals and families living in the following cities and virtually all towns and villages in between:
- Albany, New York;
- Auburn, New York;
- Binghamton, New York;
- Canandaigua, New York;
- Corning, New York;
- Cortland, New York;
- Elmira, New York;
- Endicott, New York;
- Fort Drum, New York;
- Fulton, New York;
- Geneva, New York;
- Herkimer, New York;
- Massena, New York;
- Ogdensburg, New York;
- Rome, New York;
- Syracuse, New York;
- Utica, New York; and
- Watertown, New York.
Wherever you live and however you find us, we would be happy to speak to you about your potential medical malpractice, birth injury, construction site accident, or severe injury claim. Contact us now at (315) 422-3466, (800) 336-LAWS, or by e-mail at email@example.com.